Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Tacoma and JBLM military home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every day saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Tacoma WA“. The good thing is that Kind House Buyers is able to help many of these people sell their house quickly (because we’re actively purchasing properties in Tacoma WA and all over Pierce County and King County right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep all in line, plus the added stress of the pressures that are making you have to move in the first place – It could be a sick relative or a new job, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize Over It – Organize It.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets really expensive really quick and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Tacoma, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Tacoma Washington house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Washington… Your Options And Steps
First thing first…
- Find out what your house is worth: You can reach out to a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no-cost no obligation valuation on your house. Once you know what the property could potentially sell for in the current market and in its current condition… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able/willing to sell the house.
- Decide how quickly you need to sell your property after you relocate: This is a biggie. I know professionals who have moved across the country for a job and their house sat on the market for over 12 months before it finally sold for a way lower price than they originally listed it for. Decide before you relocate how quickly you need to sell your property… and how long you’re able to stay above water while paying 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, landscapers, etc. Leaving a house vacant is susceptible to break-ins, vandalism, and squatters. Avoid the nightmare of dealing with those issues by selling the house before you leave town if possible.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every day that you wait or every day that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Weigh the costs of selling your property fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all would like to sell our homes for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is figure out the dollar amount of how much it really costs you to hold onto this house or piece of land. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you would like to sell your house for $220,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,300/mo, taxes $220/mo, $110/mo for insurance, and $90/mo for maintenance (yard care, maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). All of Those expenses add up to $1,720/mo in “nonequity building” expenses. If it takes you 12 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $220,000… it cost you $20,640 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $13,200 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). Totaling $33,840 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time spent, all of your stress in worrying about that house sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 12 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $40,000. But, what if you could sell your house next week and avoid all of that headache and extra expense? Even if you sold the property at a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $180,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 12 months later at full price (and paying all the holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Just Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the traditional real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Tacoma Washington agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you have a lot of time on your side and really great property in a good location, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There is a small chance that a buyer might just fall in love and be willing to overpay for the property – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. You know that saying, “Birds of a feather flock together”? Houses are the same way. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In some situations, we can even partner with a property owner to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we might help the homeowner renegotiate a loan with their mortgage provider, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We at Kind House Buyers are problem solvers and we love helping people solve complicated problems.
We believe that creative solutions help bridge the gap from where you are to where you need to be.
Who Is Kind House Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Tacoma WA?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Tacoma homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 10 days if you need us to)
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we are truly passionate people, and we believe in the Tacoma WA community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find the answers to your toughest questions about your Tacoma real estate, so please feel free to call us at (253) 216-2497 and chat with us anytime. We would love to hear from you.